Summer is officially over for most of us. Vacation is over. Kids are back in school. The bathing suits are just about packed away until next year. Fall is coming. Winter is not far behind.
Ya know, it is a really good motivator to eat right and exercise when you are thinking about hitting the beach with your friends or family. You want to look good and feel confident, right?! Right. BUT… What happens when summer is over?
Well… for some of us it means we fall off track and don’t bother to get back on until the New Year because “it is too hard to stay healthy over the holidays” or because “I don’t feel motivated”
If you have been following me for a while you know I talk a lot about balance. Balance is truly the key to living a healthier life and losing weight in a way that eliminates yo-yo dieting and yo-yo exercising. If you have a good, balanced lifestyle you do not let your health go to the waist side simply because of a season.
Your health knows no season.
Your health is always in season.
So as we go into the fall and the winter and the holiday season, I want you to keep persisting and kicking ass in your workouts and with your meal plan (notice I did not say diet because diets suck and don’t work).
If you are not currently working out or eating right on a consistent basis and you know you need to make a change… this is your time! You gain nothing (except maybe a couple extra pounds) by waiting to start or by putting it off.
You have everything you need to start right now… today.
Steps to take as we go into the new season
- Reassess your goals. What do you want to achieve in the next 30, 60, or 90 days?
BONUS TIP: write it down!! Goals that are written down are 87% more likely to happen. Goals that are written down and shared are over 90% more likely to happen!
- Write down why this goal is important to you. How do you want to feel? What do you want to be able to do? Why is that important?
- Make an action plan. When will you workout? What exercises will you do? What and how much will you eat?
- Figure out the daily tasks that you can do to move yourself forward. I like to keep my daily tasks short, simple, yet effective. (i.e drink water, 7 hours sleep, journal 5 minutes, spend 1 hour on ____ or ____, etc.)
- Figure out how you will hold yourself accountable. Join a community, hire a coach, do it with a loved one. Holding yourself accountable does not mean doing it alone. It just means that you are putting things and people into place ahead of time so that you feel more obligated to follow through.
If you need help with making the plan, figuring out what workouts are best for you, what to eat, how much to eat, when to eat…. If you need help with accountability and motivation… If you need help finding the right coach and an amazing supportive community… Gem Fitness may just be the perfect fit for you!
In order to know for sure if and how Gem Fitness can help you schedule your FREE 30 minute consultation call. This call is completely free of cost and obligation. We will just discuss your goals, your struggles, and what you need to do to see the best results with the least amount of frustration. You can schedule HERE my friend.